Monday, October 6, 2014

D-Day for 小baby

We have been waiting for baby's arrival since weeks ago. Today is the big day for us, 7 Oct 2014.
9:00
Had something for breakfast. Reached NUH Ward 22 delivery suite. Put on the cardiograph monitoring device to monitor baby heart beat. The heart beat changed whenever the baby moved inside.
9:30
Checked cervix. It was soft but only 1cm. Start putting in the first pill to induce contraction, dilation etc.
12:00
Break for lunch. 2nd round to resume at 15:30. Took a 2-hour nap. Blood pressure increased probably due to contraction or anxiety.
15:30
Dilation is still small. No additional pill needed because the contraction was regular. Just rest in the ward 48 till 1930. Food by Sodexo taste really sucks. No vege but only chicken & fish. All protein.
19:30
Back to delivery suite for the 3rd round. Contraction is still regular but dilation only 2cm. Next door neighbor was sent back to the ward while I stayed to take high blood pressure pill. First took 50mg then increased to 200mg. Waited for another round of observation.
21:30
While waiting, my body started to shiver even though the place was not cold. The nurse gave extra blanket anyway. My teeth uncontrollably hitting on each other. Suddenly there was a strange sensation like a kick at the bottom and something snap. I realized my water bag burst. Then fluid just keep coming out slowly like urine but uncontrollable. Nurse checked and confirmed the water bag ruptured. I feel like pooping too. Cleared my bowel and back to the bed.
23:30
Checking of cervix can only be done every 4 hours so I waited. First shot of pain killer was administered on my thigh but it doesn't seem to be effective. Dilation was 4-5cm. I decided on epidural.
2am 8 Oct 2014
I was finally given epidural and straightaway fall asleep because the pain and discomfort just disappeared immediately.
5am
Woke up by aneastistian to explain how the pumping device work. I signed the consent form while on drugs. After he left, doctor checked dilation and surprisingly saw baby head. She asked the nurse to get me ready to push. They both encouraged me and told me that I pushed well. Baby will be out very soon.
523am
In less than 10 pushes, the baby is born!! I can feel the weight is offloaded from tummy. they placed the tiny baby on my body to let me feel her. The feeling was so amazing.





No comments: